There is more to water damage restoration than just extracting water from the carpet or floor. Water damaged buildings and homes are a prime environment for the growth and reproduction of mold and mildew. In order to control and terminate the growth of bacteria, mold and mildew, mold damage restoration services are necessary. A quick response with water extraction, restorative drying and dehumidifying is essential to guard against mold, corrosion and other damage.
- Initial inspection and testing.
- Develop scope of work.
- Containment set-up, management and tear-down.
- Remove and discard total loss items.
- Remediate and remove contaminated building materials.
- Detail clean and decontaminate structures and contents.
- HVAC cleaning and decontamination.
- HEPA vacuuming.
- Air scrubbing.
- Duct cleaning.
- Moisture control.
- Sand and physically remove mold growth from building envelope.
- Monitor negative pressure contaminants to keep unaffected areas from becoming contaminated.
- Install and maintain HEPA equipment such as vacuums and negative air machines during remediation process.
Molds produce tiny spores to reproduce. Mold spores waft through the indoor and outdoor air continually. When mold spores land on a damp spot indoors, they may begin growing and digesting whatever they are growing on in order to survive. There are molds that can grow on wood, paper, carpet, and foods. When excessive moisture or water accumulates indoors, mold growth will often occur, particularly if the moisture problem remains undiscovered or un-addressed. There is no practical way to eliminate all mold and mold spores in the indoor environment; the way to control indoor mold growth is to control moisture.